Chalk Immigration has an opening for an associate lawyer position in Montreal. The role encompasses most aspects of Canadian immigration law. One to eight years of experience as a lawyer is desired. Resumes and cover letters can be sent by September 28, 2020 to: email@example.com
We are seeking an associate immigration lawyer to join our team. This individual will be responsible for managing client relationships and files in a fast-paced environment. The ability to manage one’s time effectively, balance competing priorities, and maintain impeccable client service are key to one’s success in this role.
- Manage all aspects of client files.
- Manage client files including providing on-going advice and communication to clients in person, via e-mail and telephone;
- Client intake including meeting with client and assessing the merits of their file.
Research and Administration
- Ongoing legal research and review of departmental procedures, and communication including providing direction and support to Administrative staff within the Firm;
- Administrative duties including client file review, analysis and ongoing communication with internal Partners, Associates and external resources (e.g., Service Canada, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, and Quebec Immigration, MIFI, Federal Court, Immigration and Refugee Board).
Environment and Pace
- Associates are given significant responsibilities early on and have a fair bit of autonomy in dealing with files and clients with support from the firm;
- Pace is set by the clients and the nature of their various cases, and due to the high pressure, sensitive nature of the job, there is limited room for error.
Desired Skills and Experience
Skills and Knowledge
- LL.B., BCL or J.D. Degree is required;
- Member of the Barreau du Québec;
- One to eight years’ legal experience in immigration law is required;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills – bilingualism would be preferred;
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a larger team or independently, where required;
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency to get things done quickly and accurately;
- Works well under pressure and deadlines;
- Conscientious and co-operative;
- Able to work as part of a team.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.